Anti-Money Laundering Requirements
When we take on a new client, we are required to verify their identity and other information provided to us
This is to comply with the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017.
We are required to check the identification and address details of all of our new and existing clients. In order to verify these details, we are required to obtain evidence of the identity and address of any individual that we act for.
In the case of a company, we are required to collect these documents for all directors of the business and any shareholders with a holding of 20% or more.
For each individual we require one ID and one address document of the following types:
Proof of Identity
- Valid passport
- Valid photocard driving licence
- EEA national identity card
- Identity card issued by the Electoral Office in Northern Ireland
Proof of Residential Address
Please note electronic ‘screen shots’ are not accepted proof and all address proofs must have been issued in the last three months
- A gas, water or electricity bill
- An original or certified bank statement or credit/debit card statement
- Documents issued by HMRC
- Valid photocard driving licence (if not used as proof of identity)
- Current council tax demand or statement
- Evidence of entitlement to a state or local authority funded benefit, tax credit, pension, education or other grant.
If you are unable to provide an address proof as described, please email our compliance team at email@example.com as other documents may be acceptable in certain circumstances.